.: Optical Impressions ~ June :.

At a regular dinner at a girl-friend's, I encountered a passing reference to a television show called "V". I immediately enquired about it - as first having seen it at JB Hi-fi, I wondered if it had anything to do with the movie "V for Vendetta". I highly doubted it, seeing as it was in the Sci-fi TV section.
The words "reptilian", "creepy" and "alien invasion" were thrown in and I was immediately intrigued.
Having just sampled the pilot episode, I'm in absolute love. I do hope this series continues on for a while as it shows much promise.

Right off the bat, you're faced with a scene ever so reminiscent of the much beloved (to me) '96 film, "Independence Day" - massive mother-ships hovering over major cities, worldwide.
And the similarities end there, because here comes the age-old, but ever so deliciously effective posing-as-humans technique.

I fell in love with the duplicitous and stunning "Anna", who I spent the whole episode wondering if I knew the actress, since her voice (and face) was very familiar. As it should be - none other than Morena Baccarin, of Firefly/Serenity stardom. I'm extremely happy to see this talented lady make a return to television, though unbeknowst to me, apparently she was also in "SG-1".

I absolutely loved the brief sample of special effects we were graced in this pilot, and loved even more the reptilian 'hidden-nature'. They looked excellent and I can't wait to see a full-bodied one, if we're ever presented with such a gift. (Surely further along the series.)

I give this pilot 5/5 - it did everything a good pilot should. Gives us enough material to really hook, to the point of seemingly exhausting, but still leave us wondering JUST what will happen next.
"Tch... Hawwwwwwt!" - Mina, SM - The Abridged Series

:: Disclaimer: images courtesy of Wikipedia's V article. If required, I will happily take them down. No copyright infringement intended. ::

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.: Optical Impressions ~ August :.

:: Literal Impressions ~ August ::

:: Literal Impressions ~ October - December ::