.: Optical Impressions ~ August :.

I'll admit that though I found the trailer hilarious, not to mention the snippets I caught on a film review show, I still had reservations about this film.
It was meant to be a romantic comedy which, we all know, can often fail to meet expectations. Secondly, I've a limited impressions of Kutcher's acting ability; "That 70's Show", "Dude! Where's my car?"
In typical Heigl style, we get 'crazy-awkward' fright from the start. Sure, after at least two films (that I've watched), I've long accepted that Heigl, having appeared so long on a tv show, has shown us all her emotional cards, thus, will inevitably always remind us of Isobel "Izzie" Stevens. However... What is it about this actress that brings out an air of Grey's Anatomy-esque humour to any movie she stars in?
Speaking of humour - this movie didn't feel too forced to me, because the situations were unusual enough in themselves that they, at once, presented both comical and serious connotations.
There was eye candy to be hand - both for the boys and girls.

So what would happen when you discover your husband is actually a national spy?
Better yet - how do you react when you discover this in the midst of the first attempts by mercenaries to assassinate him for the bounty on his head?

I loved the craziness, heck, I loved the wild car chase. (I was imagining this happening around a place like Forest Lake. Hehehe...)

All in all, it's a very enjoyable movie with Kutcher providing a nice mirror to Heigl's unsuspecting wife and Heigl was her usual, lovable, darling self.

I give this movie four stars, for it made me laugh so much more than I expected.
Great feel-good way to spend a third of a day out with a friend.

Comments

  1. I might get it out on DVD or soemthing. Seemed like a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I wanna go see Salt, damnit!!
    Who IS Evelyn Salt?!! **clutches head**
    I don't KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

:: Literal Impressions ~ August ::

:: Literal Impressions ~ October - December ::