:: Victorian Love ::

Just returned from my first visit to Melbourne.
It was only three days (barely).
I almost cried as the plane took off.
I walked, nay, dragged myself through Brisbane's Domestic Terminal and I wanted to turn back around.
Sis and boyfriend came to pick me up.
When I got home, the dog went ballistic, seems he missed me.
Can't say the same.
I walked into my room and I felt... disdain.
I felt repulsed by it, and caged.
A strong need to be 'elsewhere'.

I do realize that this could be a 'fancy', like when I fell in love with
Sydney, initially. However, Melbourne reminded me of the 'world' I knew growing up.
It was very European in ambient.
In comparison, I spent 10 days in Tokyo. Loved that city - to bits.
I was as depressed when I returned then (Apr '08), as though I'd had my heart broken/torn out by some crush/love.

This one, feels like that, after only three days.
Pretty scary.

I think it was my third taste, this one more pronounced since it's still in the same country and from a place where I could see myself living, away from parental influence.
I want to spread my wings. I want to fly south for the luscious, actual Winter. Deciduous tree leaves turning gold and falling to the ground, what a soft, crunchy carpet...

I have half a mind to look for a job down there.
Provided I've no idea where I'd live. That and the fact that my wish of living within walking distance of the city is a complete delusion, as though I could ever afford it. (Though I should really research how much renting costs within the surrounding suburbs.)

I'm going to sleep this off.
Maybe my heart will mend with the next few weeks of End of (medical) Term prep work.
Hopefully, I can disconnect.
My heart aches

I think I need some 'peer support'.
Might go hunt down some friends of mine.
Need some platonic-lovin'. **hollow laugh**

:over:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.: Optical Impressions ~ August :.

:: Literal Impressions ~ August ::

:: Literal Impressions ~ October - December ::