.: Optical Impressions ~ September:.

As soon as I saw the trailer, I was sold.
Noooo... It was not "Poker Face" playing in the background. Although, that naturally raised my enjoyment of the clip.
The way the speech seemed to flow naturally and the story truly looked funny. I thought: I would seriously, (and willingly), pay to watch this at the cinema.

So we start with Olive, sitting down at her computer, starting a live web-cast. She is about to tell the story of her downward spiral from noticed to downright infamous, without omitting truly hated.
When a rumour gets out that she's lost her v-plates, Olive becomes the talk of the high school. She does a poor job of dissuading people and the mill keeps turning. Chinese whispers is a gross understatement.
However, after reluctantly helping a gay kid achieve some fame as a straight stud, Olive comes to achieve the rank of slut, skank - choose your colloquial synonym.
All the social outcasts begin to go to her for help.
As expected, it starts to go downhill. Or down the gutter... XD
The irony of it all is that at the time - they were studying "The Scarlet Letter" for English class. Good stuff!

I have not laughed so hard in the movies since the very first time I watched "The Proposal".
The jokes were seriously funny without my thinking "No one would ever say that in real life...".
A major source of comic relief was the snobby leader of the little religious gang. I can't recall if they're portrayed as Anglican or what not, but no matter.

This movie really does prove Hollywood is finally getting rom-coms right, following in the footsteps of "The Proposal" and "The Ugly Truth".


Six thumbs out of five, for Olive.
She rocked my world. ;)


I leave you with possibly my favourite quote, but if you want the authentic experience, here is the trailer.

Marianne: There's a higher power that will judge you for your indecency.
Olive Penderghast: Tom Cruise?

Definitely favourite film of the year no.2, to date. I can't recall much from the start of the year as I've blanked a lot in my mind, but the only one that's stood out in terms of enjoyment would be "Inception".

Most excellent!

Comments

  1. I think it was baptist, often the craziest of the crazies. (Think WBC for example).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. They featured just this morning on the Portuguese news. Disgusting people. Complete wastes of oxygen...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

.: Optical Impressions ~ August :.

:: Literal Impressions ~ August ::

.: Optical Impressions ~ July 0.2 :.