.: Optical Impressions ~ July 0.1 :.

So I saw Eclipse, the other night, with the Jchan.
It was awesome!
I walked in with little expectations, as per our growing ritual, and only recalled small bits from the teaser I'd seen many months back.
So worth it.

The wolves are looking even more amazing. Bella and Edward have some normalcy about them.
It was the "Finally - they're getting it right!" movie.
In my opinion, this just proves how an inexperienced (horribly so), director like the first movie's, can completely kill a script with mild-potential by not directing the actors properly.
How else can one explain the vast improvement in New Moon, and the easy, realistic flow of the actors/story-plot, in this movie?
It no longer looked like some backwater indie movie and more like a film you'd be happy to see more than once in an overpriced cinema.

I actually loved Bryce Dallas Howard (left) as the new Victoria. Her sweet, child-like voice fits her better than Rachelle Lefevre, as does her cute cherubim face.
Victoria is meant to have an annoying, high-pitched petulant sound, which I don't find Bryce's, but it's certainly a better fit. I also more than agree that she did the character justice.
The stunts were very good in this movie and I loved the fair amount of character development given to the other characters. Albeit, this is present in the book - I believe and my fellow viewer agrees, that part of the reason the movie flowed so much better was the normal way in which characters other than the three leads were given more dialogue.
As usual, I was hanging on to every second Ashley Greene was given and was delighted by her more nimble acrobatics, as per Alice's repertoire.

All in all, I was very impressed by this film's improvement on everything and am disappointed that a new director was chosen for the next two films (Breaking Dawn having been blessedly split into two parts.)

To all those teeny-boppers on YouTube commenting on how "Potter totally licked Twilight!"
Of course it did... There's SEVEN stories, the last of which is split into two, bringing it to a grand total of eight films, six of which are good.
Twilight is only getting five films, being a four-book saga, and considering they started to get it right on the second, I'd say it's doing pretty good, all things considered.

I'm seeing it again on Sunday! Awesome!
Peace, babies!

Comments

  1. Eclipse was definitely better than the first two. The actors seemed to be acting more naturally and the plot in itself seemed to make more sense. However, I'm always disappointed when movies are made from books I really enjoy and this is no exception. I hate it when they don't follow crucial aspects of the book. Things that shouldn't change, even when the story in itself is portrayed differently, always get to me. I'd rather see it have a slightly changed storyline, but the characters staying true to their original description in the book. In saying all this, I still enjoyed it better than the other two movies. It was a definite improvement and hopefully will continue in the next two movies. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll never be like the books and I've virtually given up caring. Mostly. Sort of...
    Okay, I'll still bitch'n'moan - but not as much as I used to! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

.: Optical Impressions ~ August :.

:: Literal Impressions ~ August ::

:: Literal Impressions ~ October - December ::